It’s that time of year again! Time for fresh starts and new beginnings. It’s important to take time to reflect on what you’ve learned and how you have grown. However, more than that, it’s time to decide who you want to be in the future. What decisions can you make to be a better person a year from now?
Here is a few challenges to think about committing to in 2009:
- Forgive someone. Spend a minute to think about a bruised relationship and how you can work towards peace. Make the phone call.
- Get a better financial plan. Make a budget and stick to it. Pay off debts! Give to charity! Change your perspective of money!
- Get rid of clutter. Set a goal on how many things you need to get rid of this year. I did 400 items in one month a few years back. It was very freeing!
- Read your Bible. Commit to a chapter a day. Get a Bible reading plan. They are all over the internet. Find one you like and DO IT!
- Lose weight. Clean out the pantry of all the junk and don’t buy more. Only buy what is good for your body this year. You’ll get enough junk food other places than your home!
- Attend church regularily. Make it a priority for your family. Make it non-negotiable. It will change your kids lives…and your own.
- Choose to rejoice. Be excited about the fact that God has a plan for your life. If you can’t see it, that’s OK. Joy will bring you plenty of opportunities!
- Set some goals. Take a minute to write out a few things you will do in 2009. Put it in plain sight so you don’t forget and do as much as you can!
We serve a big God! He can help you to change! Renew your thinking and change the way that you speak. Become a little more like Him in the year to come!