It was my 18th wedding anniversary this week, so Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband! I say it all the time, but he’s the real deal!
This blog is FULL to the brim of announcements and celebrations, so brace yourself!
Our youth had a BIG week as they merged together on Thursday night with RAVING success! There was 117 people packed into the Link Church’s building over by Costco and they rose the roof with all the electricity in that place. It was so amazing to see it all come together in such a phenomenal way. Below are some pictures for you to see it for yourself. If you’d like to be a part of our youth, you can contact Kris Gray at email@example.com.
One way you can massively help our youth is to come on one Thursday night every 8 weeks and babysit our youth staff’s children during service. Especially if you have a teenager that is being loved on every week, I encourage you to give back by watching some incredible kids. We are looking for 5 people right now who will show up once every two months. Email Rachael@coffeechurch.com to sign up and get background checked.
And our other big news is that we have sold the Hazel Dell building and are planning to move our churches to Prairie High School in the next 5 weeks! We have a tentative launch date of September 27, which is our 9 year anniversary! We are excited to celebrate with a fresh start and a new direction.
In preparation for our merge, Hazel Dell will shift to ONE SERVICE at 10:00 am for September 6, 13, and 20th. That way we can have our volunteer schedule ready to go for the move on the 27th.
My 9 year old Kennedy got to teach KidCity over at Hazel Dell, while 9 year old Isaiah (Pastor Chris’ son) got to teach over at Battle Ground. Kennedy and Isaiah were the first two infants in our nursery, so it was ironic that they both unveiled their preaching career on the same day! 😉 Kennedy told her dad that he could stop preaching because that was her job now! We love raising up kids with focus and passion!
We are praying for all of our North Creek students as they gear up for Back to School. We believe these kids can make a difference at a young age and impact this generation for Jesus. Please be praying with us!
Do you know of any warehouse space that is available for us to store our entire church while we are mobile? Let me know! We need a reasonably priced space.
We also need some new volunteer roles as we go mobile. If you are interested in any of the following, would you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org? We only need you to serve one Sunday a month, unless you’d like to do more! We are excited to begin dreaming, training, and implementing!
- Sound/media setup – LOTS of equipment to move in early Sunday morning
- Preservice babysitter – Our worship team and set up team come with children! We need a babysitter to watch the littlest of them while their parents setup and practice.
- Greeters/Ushers – We need many more greeters who also help us usher as we will begin passing an offering plate in our new system
- Parking/Security – We need people who will double as parking attendants and security personnel
- Prayer Team – We are instituting a new prayer team that prays before service and is available to pray with people after service
- Kid’s Workers – Check in, Nursery, Tiny Town, KidCity….we are expecting 100 kids to bless us with their presence on Sundays! While we have a strong team in place, we now need more to accommodate all that awesomeness.
More info to come and ways to help as we get deeper into this transition. We couldn’t be more excited as we run toward our future with great expectation! Jesus is our center and our focus, so there is simply an amazing adventure ahead!
Leave a Reply